- This event has passed.
Looe FOS & Dive for Debris 04/06/2017
04/06/2017 @ 09:00 - 17:00Free
Looe Marine Conservation Group are hosting there annual Festival of the Sea on Sunday 4th June 2017, 9am until 5pm
Fathoms Free will be there again this year doing a Dive for Debris and will also have a pitch outside on the quayside by the beach.
“Join us in the historic fishing town of Looe to celebrate all things marine!
A day for all the family to have Fun, Explore, Discover and Learn.
At the Looe Raft Race and Crabbing Competition.
Looe’s history and marine heritage with talks, dance and exhibitions.
Looe’s marine environment with fishing and seal spotting boat trips.
Wide variety of sustainable Cornish seafood and learn how to prepare it with cooking demonstrations.
Local marine life with a rockpool ramble.
About conservation of wildlife and reducing pollution of the marine environment through a variety of festival participants with activities such as a beach clean.
And lots more!
Venue: Looe Harbour, Cornwall PL13 1DX
Time: Divers – to be on site for 9.00am and need to be in the water for 12pm (high tide at 3.15pm) – but can only drop off kit by car from 8.00am until 9.45am
Meeting point: Looe Harbour, Fathoms Free Pitch
As the event is in the main town area, there are numerous public toilets, places to eat & drink etc
There is NO PARKING at the designated locations. There is a large long stay car park (all are Pay & Display) at the Millpool West Looe. Divers can drive up and drop off kit from 8.00am but cars must be gone by 9.45am. Packing up time is 4.30pm on wards, so cars will be allowed back in to load up kit etc.
All divers from Fathoms Free are asked to meet onsite around 9.00am (you can only drop off kit at the seafront until 9.45am – after that cars will not be allowed down, otherwise you will have to carry all Dive Kit from one of the car parks). High Tide is at 3.15pm. There will be one dive and any debris brought up by the divers will be recorded.
Divers, on arrival please drive along Fore Stand to the Seafront as per map below. There will be a LMCG volunteer to guide you to the Seafront entrance where you will see the Fathoms Free Gazebo.
General info if you haven’t been to one of our diving events before!
- Divers need to be suitably qualified individuals, deemed to be adequately experienced or appropriately supervised
- Divers need to (and evidence) to Fathoms Free that they have their own valid public liability insurance
- Bring your own full dive kit (if you do need any additional kit, please contact us, we maybe able to put you in touch with someone who can help) ie Air fill or Cylinder Hire etc
- Bring your own divers net bag/knife/scissors/smb/gloves/qualification cert cards
- Enough air for one dive (will only be doing one dive due to tides and other events)